- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; spritz with
- butter-flavored spray. Top with another sheet of phyllo; spritz with
- spray. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp
- towel to prevent it from drying out.) Cut into 12 squares. Repeat
- three times, making 48 squares.
- Stack two squares of layered phyllo in each of 24 muffin cups coated
- with cooking spray, rotating squares so corners do not overlap.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon rice mixture into each cup. Bake at 375° for
- 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with chives if desired.
- Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Curried Chicken and Rice Bundles: Double tartlet filling ingredients and use 12 sheets of phyllo dough and 6 whole chives. Make filling according to tartlet method. Place one sheet of phyllo on a work surface; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Top with another sheet of phyllo; spritz with spray. Place 1/2 cup filling in the center. Bring corners together and twist; tie closed with a chive. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings. Nutrition Facts: 1 bundle equals 248 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 740 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Curried Chicken and Rice Ring: Double tartlet filling ingredients and use 12 sheets of phyllo dough. Make filling according to tartlet method. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray. Drape one sheet of phyllo over pan and push down over hole. Repeat twice, rotating sheets to cover sides of pan and letting edges of dough hang over sides. Spritz with butter-flavored spray; repeat. Spoon filling into pan. Top with remaining phyllo in the same manner. Fold edges over into pan; spray with butter-flavored cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a serving platter. Yield: 6 servings. Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 248 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 740 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tartlet equals 35 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer