- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Minced chives, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- In a large bowl combine the rice, chicken, peas and carrots, mayonnaise, green onion and seasonings.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Top with another sheet of phyllo; spritz with spray. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Cut into 12 squares. Repeat three times, making 48 squares.
- Stack two squares of layered phyllo in each of 24 muffin cups coated with cooking spray, rotating squares so corners do not overlap. Spoon 1 tablespoon rice mixture into each cup. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with chives if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Curried Chicken and Rice Tartlets
"This was good, but it tasted like ramen noodles."
"I needed something quick and easy one night so I decided try this recipe out. Instead of using the spices in the recipe, I added garlic, oregano, basil & thyme. My children love them, so does the rest of my family! My 5 year old daughter has been requesting these since I made them, she can't get enough of these!"