Curried Chicken and Grits Casserole Recipe
Southern-style cheesy grits meet curry and loads of vegetables to make a satisfying casserole that blankets the house with an inviting aroma. —Lori Shamszadeh, Fairhope, Alabama
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1. Bring water, 1 cup broth and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir a small amount of grits into eggs. Return all to pan, stirring constantly. Add 1-1/2 cups cheese and butter; stir until melted.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine soup, mayonnaise, curry powder and remaining broth in a large bowl. Add vegetable blend, chicken and potatoes; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with grits; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC