- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken until no longer pink; drain. Remove chicken and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook the apples, onion and garlic in water until tender. Return chicken to the pan; sprinkle with curry powder and cinnamon. Heat through.
- Combine the flour and sour cream until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p17
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Curried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review