Curried Celery and Apples Recipe
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in apple. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, curry powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 178 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Curried Celery and Apples
"This recipe is wonderful! It's so easy to prepare and tastes so good! I served the celery with chicken instead of pork and my husband and I really enjoyed it. I will definitely be making this again!"