This recipe is a delicious accompaniment for pork. The curry powder adds a delightful zip.—Lois Miller, Bradenton, Florida
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in apple. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, curry powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Celery and Apples in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p9
Reviews for Curried Celery and Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2014
"This recipe is wonderful! It's so easy to prepare and tastes so good! I served the celery with chicken instead of pork and my husband and I really enjoyed it. I will definitely be making this again!"