This recipe is a delicious accompaniment for pork. The curry powder adds a delightful zip.—Lois Miller, Bradenton, Florida
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in apple. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, curry powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Celery and Apples in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p9
Reviews for Curried Celery and Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2014
"This recipe is wonderful! It's so easy to prepare and tastes so good! I served the celery with chicken instead of pork and my husband and I really enjoyed it. I will definitely be making this again!"