Curry powder is the key to these tasty cashews, perfect as a party snack or hostess gift. "These unusual nuts were served at an open house I attended." shares Gertrude Wood of Elliconttville, New York. "I tracked down the recipe and now make them often for friends."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10 ounces) salted cashews
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet, melt butter. Add cashews; cook and stir over medium
- heat until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove to paper towels
- to drain. Sprinkle with curry powder and salt. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 275 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 438 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.