Spiced cashews contrast with sweet dried cranberries in this quick combo made on the stove top. Feel free to swap walnuts, almonds and/or pecans for the cashews. —Louise Gilbert, Quesnel, British Columbia
7 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups salted cashews
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook cashews over medium heat until
- toasted, about 4 minutes. Add the oil, curry powder, garlic,
- Worcestershire sauce, cumin and cayenne. Cook and stir for 2-4
- minutes or until cashews are well coated. Spread on foil to cool
- completely. Stir in cranberries; store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 322 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer