Curried Carrot Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter. Stir in curry and ginger. Add carrots and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- 2. Transfer to a blender; cover and process soup mixture in batches until smooth. Return to the saucepan. Add the cream, water, dill and pepper. Cook until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 109 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Curried Carrot Soup
"A good, easy soup with some great warmth (not spiciness) thanks to the curry and ginger. Blend the soup well to get the best result. I suggest adding a bit of salt to the finished dish. You could also add some cooked chicken or tofu to the soup for more protein and/or to satisfy meat-eaters. Very easy to customize!"