Curried Butternut Squash Kabobs Recipe
- 1 butternut squash (2 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place squash in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the butter, curry powder and salt; drizzle over squash and toss to coat.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring twice. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread squash cubes. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 42 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Curried Butternut Squash Kabobs
"Delicious side dish with our beef kabobs and corn-on-the-cob."
"These were super good - I also added red onion and cherry tomatoes on the skewer and lightly brushed with some roasted red pepper dressing while grilling."