Curried Butternut Squash Kabobs Recipe
These baked squash cubes pick up a mouthwatering grilled taste along with a mild curry butter flavor. The pretty orange side dish adds interest to more traditional summer entrees.Mary E. Relyea, Canastota, New York
- 1 butternut squash (2 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place squash in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the butter, curry powder and salt; drizzle over squash and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring twice. Cool on a wire rack.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread squash cubes. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Curried Butternut Squash Kabobs in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p29
Reviews for Curried Butternut Squash Kabobs(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2013
Delicious side dish with our beef kabobs and corn-on-the-cob.
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2010
These were super good - I also added red onion and cherry tomatoes on the skewer and lightly brushed with some roasted red pepper dressing while grilling.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Vegetables >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Tailgating Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >