Curried Brown Rice Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, apple, raisins, onion and almonds. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over rice mixture and stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6 cups.
One serving (2/3 cup) equals 205 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.