Curried Brown Rice Salad Recipe
Whenever she needs a potluck salad, Carol Dodds turns to this tried-and-true favorite. "It's among my most requested recipes—everyone raves about it," she writes from Aurora, Ontario. "Folks love the crunch from the chopped apple and toasted almonds. And I love that I can cook the rice ahead...then it's just a few simple steps to complete it later."
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, apple, raisins, onion and almonds. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over rice mixture and stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6 cups.
2/3 cup: 205 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Curried Brown Rice Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC