Curried Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup fat-free Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the broccoli, onion, cranberries and walnuts; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 161 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Curried Broccoli Salad
"I used curry powder instead of spice mix but it was a big hit in my family!"
"This is an absolutely wonderful salad."