We love this salad's crunch and color. It has the right combination of spices and a hint of sweetness from coconut and dried cranberries. This is one of our favorite end-of-garden recipes. -Nancy Fleming of Rainier, Washington
Recommended: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
- 1/4 cup fat-free Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the broccoli, onion, cranberries and walnuts; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Curried Broccoli Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p39
Reviews for Curried Broccoli Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2011
"I used curry powder instead of spice mix but it was a big hit in my family!"
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2008
"This is an absolutely wonderful salad."