We love this salad's crunch and color. It has the right combination of spices and a hint of sweetness from coconut and dried cranberries. This is one of our favorite end-of-garden recipes. -Nancy Fleming of Rainier, Washington
- 1/4 cup fat-free Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the broccoli, onion, cranberries and walnuts; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Curried Broccoli Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p39
Reviews for Curried Broccoli Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2011
"I used curry powder instead of spice mix but it was a big hit in my family!"
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2008
"This is an absolutely wonderful salad."