- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in 2 tablespoons oil; drain.
- Add the onions and remaining oil; saute until onions are golden brown. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with curry. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; pour over beef and onions. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato juice and paste; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Beef in Country April/May 2009, p51
Reviews for Curried Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2009
"This was EXCELLENT. the sauce was so flavorful that i ate the leftovers the next morning, cold, standing at my refrigerator :P i used egg noodles but would probably taste great with rice as well"