Curried Beef-Stuffed Squash Recipe
My husband and I look forward to this dinner. The savory beef tucked inside tender acorn squash halves is a satisfying autumn combination. Plus, it's a lighter entree and very flavorful. Edna Lee, Greeley, Colorado
- 3 medium acorn squash (about 1 pound each), halved and seeded
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Invert squash in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
- Dissolve bouillon in water; add to skillet. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well. Turn squash cut side up in pan and fill with meat mixture.
- Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/4 in.; cover loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Curried Beef-Stuffed Squash in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p27
Reviews for Curried Beef-Stuffed Squash(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2010
This is a staple for my household in the fall months! The blend of flavors is wonderfull!
More Recipe Collections
- Acorn Squash Recipes >
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >