Curried Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/8 inch strips
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup cold water
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- 1. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger and 2 tablespoons oil. Add beef; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, heat remaining oil. Stir-fry beef over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove beef and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry the onion for 1 minute; add peppers and celery. Stir fry for 2 minutes; return beef to the skillet. Combine water, cornstarch and curry powder until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 323 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 757 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Curried Beef Stir-Fry
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.