Curried Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/8 inch strips
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup cold water
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger and 2 tablespoons oil. Add beef; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat remaining oil. Stir-fry beef over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove beef and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry the onion for 1 minute; add peppers and celery. Stir fry for 2 minutes; return beef to the skillet. Combine water, cornstarch and curry powder until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Curried Beef Stir-Fry(3)
Sort By :
Excellent! Our family really enjoyed this. I made a few additions; added cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, and sugar snap peas, and skipped the celery.
best stir fry recipe i have ever made!! Used venison meat and it turned out excellent!! Plan on making for a future dinner party for friends!
This is my husband's favorite with a few variations. We use cut up boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of the beef. And Frozen peppers. I don't know how many times I have been asked for this recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >