Curried Beef Satay Recipe
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 3/4 cup Thai peanut sauce, warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Pour remaining mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place skewers in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with peanut sauce. Yield: 12 skewers.
1 skewer with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 115 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer