Curried Beef Satay
Here’s a hearty addition to your appetizer tray. Tender strips of beef sirloin are marinated in a spicy curry sauce, then threaded onto skewers and broiled to juicy perfection. Served with Thai peanut sauce, it’s one tasteful way to begin your event.—Zakia Zoummane, Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 3/4 cup Thai peanut sauce, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup
- for basting. Pour remaining mixture into a large resealable plastic
- bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at
- least 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto 12 metal or soaked
- wooden skewers. Place skewers in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pans. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes on each
- side or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting occasionally
- with reserved marinade. Serve with peanut sauce. Yield: 12 skewers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 skewer with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 115 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.