Curried Beef Pita Pockets
If there's anyone in your family who thinks they won't like the taste of curry, serve this...they'll be a "curry lover" forever!Mary Ann Kosmas, Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 4 pita pocket breads
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with the onion, garlic and
- curry; drain and discard garlic. Stir in the water, salt, sugar and
- pepper. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add tomato and zucchini; cook just until heated through. Spoon meat
- mixture into pita breads. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 380 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,288 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.