Curried Beef Kabobs Recipe
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 bay leaves
- 16 whole peppercorns
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Remove 2/3 cup for basting; refrigerate. Add beef to remaining marinade; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate the beef, green peppers, tomatoes and onions. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue broiling, turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Curried Beef Kabobs
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.