Curried Apricot Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh apricots
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a small nonstick skillet, cook chops in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add apricots and onions to the pan; saute until onions are tender. Stir in nectar mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce equals 306 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.