Curried Apricot Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh apricots
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a small nonstick skillet, cook chops in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and set aside. let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Add apricots and onions to the pan; saute until onions are tender. Stir in nectar mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Curried Apricot Pork Chops(3)
Sort By :
Made this for dinner last night. It was so easy to prepare and oh so delicious.
This is a family favorite and always makes me feel like a culinary genius! I use canned apricots instead of fresh but doubt it makes any difference. I also omit the onions because, well, I just don't like them. I do however season the pork chops with a little onion powder to make up for it. I serve with either brown rice or tonights favorite, couscous! I HIGHLY recommend this recipe!!!
Very yummy indeed. I didn't use the nectar because I knew I would throw out the rest of the can. So I used chicken broth. I also did not have apricots so used a bit more of the preserves. This is some good stuff!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >