Curried Apricot Couscous
As a single working mom, my time is precious, but this dish is so quick, colorful and easy, and it tastes a lot like one I tried in Israel.—Jessica Grettie, Deerfield, Wisconsin
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter. Stir in the broth,
- apricots and curry powder. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous.
- Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5-10 minutes or until
- liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 268 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.