Curried Apple Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash ground cloves
- 3 medium McIntosh apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers and additional ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the curry, cinnamon, salt, cayenne and cloves; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add apples and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until apples are tender.
- In a blender, puree soup until smooth. Return to the pan. Stir in lemon juice and heat through. Garnish with crackers and additional cinnamon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Curried Apple Soup(8)
Sort By :
To me, it tastes like warm applesauce. The other flavored are too mild. Would be okay for a starter for dinner party maybe.
Enjoyed this very much. I may add a bit of cream next time to thicken and make richer. Vey nice recipe.
This is very tasty. Added a bit more curry, then topped with sour cream (need a bit of cream). Will definitely make again!
My 10 yr old son made this soup with me and it was so easy. We served it with Tandoori Naan. It was delicious and we will definitely make it again. 2 Thumbs up from the whole family.
I made this this morning and had some just now and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Very simple to make. I'm thinking of doubling the recipe the next time I make it. I also liked the Middle Eastern aromas floating through my apartment while it was cooking.