Curried Apple Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash ground cloves
- 3 medium McIntosh apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Crackers and additional ground cinnamon, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the curry, cinnamon, salt, cayenne and cloves; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add apples and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 2. In a blender, puree soup until smooth. Return to the pan. Stir in lemon juice and heat through. Garnish with crackers and additional cinnamon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without crackers) equals 126 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.