Currant Jelly Scones Recipe
These golden goodies dotted with festive red jelly are rich, light-textured and delicious. Plus, they're quick and easy to prepare—no kneading is required.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 teaspoons currant jelly
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg, cream and orange peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. On a greased baking sheet, pat dough into an 8-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Do not separate wedges. Make a thumbprint in each wedge, about 1/4 in. deep. Fill indentation with jelly. Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 276 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Currant Jelly Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC