Currant Hazelnut Scones
With an ever-expanding dairy farm and three children, I don't have a lot of time to bake. But when I can, I pull out this recipe for sweet scones.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in
- butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk
- eggs and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in
- hazelnuts and currants (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat into an 8-in.
- circle. Cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place on a
- greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-18 minutes or until
- golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.