Currant Hazelnut Scones Recipe
With an ever-expanding dairy farm and three children, I don't have a lot of time to bake. But when I can, I pull out this recipe for sweet scones.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in hazelnuts and currants (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Originally published as Currant Hazelnut Scones in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p38
Reviews for Currant Hazelnut Scones(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review