Curly Noodle Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion, celery, carrots and garlic in butter and oil for 5 minutes. Stir in the basil, oregano and pepper until blended.
- Set aside 1 cup broth. Gradually add remaining broth to the pan. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes.
- Return to a boil; stir in the pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-13 minutes or until pasta is almost tender. Combine flour and reserved broth until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 9 servings (about 2 quarts).
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Curly Noodle Chicken Soup(24)
Sort By :
My kids have very different tastes, so it's a rare and wonderful thing to get thumbs up from everyone at the table. Will definitely make again, but will probably add a bit more broth next time.
I love this soup! I love that it makes a huge amount and that it's so rich in flavor. We've made this several times.
My family loves this soup! They call it Italian Chicken Noodle Soup. I double the garlic and I only use 2 Tbsp of flour. I increase the basil and oregano a bit too. We like it to be more soup than stew like, so I use 10 cups of chicken broth and toss in a few extra chicken bouillon cubes for flavor. We've made this a lot since it first was published and it's a staple in the winter for us. The only time consuming part is chopping the veggies which I can do ahead of time.
great soup added fresh corn and a bit of sage will leave the flour out next time so it isnt so thick
Has very good flavor. My husband I both loved it. This will be one I will make over and over again. I didn't thicken it with the flour and I only used one box of chicken broth Everything else I followed the recipe exactly .
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Noodle Soup >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >