Curly Maple's Applesauce Muffins
This are our most popular muffins at our family owned restaurant. Usually we make huge batches but we sized this one down for a home kitchen.The Curly Maple Restaurant, Judy Noble, Findley Lake, New York
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- In a bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating
- well after each addition. Combine dry ingredients; add to the
- creamed mixture alternately with applesauce. Mix just until
- combined. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Yield:
- 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 174 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.