Curly Endive Salad Recipe
"My wife grows herbs in our tiny city garden," relates Roger Burch of Cuddebackville, New York. "I use oregano and mint to season this refreshing unique salad I created."
- 4 cups torn curly endive, Belgian endive and/or escarole
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a salad bowl, toss the endive, onion and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, mint, salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 172 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 956 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Curly Endive Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC