Curly Endive Salad
"My wife grows herbs in our tiny city garden," relates Roger Burch of Cuddebackville, New York. "I use oregano and mint to season this refreshing unique salad I created."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups torn curly endive, Belgian endive and/or escarole
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- In a salad bowl, toss the endive, onion and olives. In a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, mint, salt and
- pepper; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Top with
- cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 172 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 956 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.