"My wife grows herbs in our tiny city garden," relates Roger Burch of Cuddebackville, New York. "I use oregano and mint to season this refreshing unique salad I created."
- 4 cups torn curly endive, Belgian endive and/or escarole
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- In a salad bowl, toss the endive, onion and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, mint, salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curly Endive Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p41
Reviews for Curly Endive Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review