- 4 cups torn curly endive, Belgian endive and/or escarole
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- In a salad bowl, toss the endive, onion and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, mint, salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Curly Endive Salad
"Very good salad. I used half curly and half Belgian endive. I needed to use a little more oil and vinegar since the fresh herbs seemed to soak up the liquid."
"I love curly endive so I'm always delighted to find a new way to use it. This recipe is deliciously different. It took a couple of times for my husband to get used to its taste, but now he specifically requests it!"