Cupid's Chocolate Cake Recipe
I'm pleased to share the recipe for the very best chocolate cake I have ever tasted. I prepare this treat every year on Valentine's Day. It's rich, delectable and absolutely irresistible. -Shelaine Duncan, North Powder, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:12-14 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups buttercream frosting of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Beat in confectioners' sugar and remaining vanilla.
- 4. Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the filling. Repeat. Place top layer on cake; frost top and sides of cake with buttercream frosting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 792 calories, 35 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 596 mg sodium, 113 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC