Cupid's Chicken 'n' Stuffing Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing mix
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Swiss cheese slices (2 ounces), halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; place over stuffing. Top with cheese. Drizzle with butter.
- 2. Combine soup and water; spoon over stuffing. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 331 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 734mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0g fiber), 29g protein .
Reviews for Cupid's Chicken 'n' Stuffing
"A favorite! I used chicken flavored rice instead of stuffing. Mixed prepared rice and soup/water mixture together, rather than spoon over stuffing/rice mixture."
"A favorite! I used chicken flavored rice instead of stuffing. Mixed prepared rice and soup/water mixture together, rather than spoon over stuffing mixture/rice."
"It's okay. I added more soup and stuffing, but if I make it again, I will warm up the soup and mix it with the stuffing. My mom liked it, and so did my dad. I'm not too crazy about it."
"Nice, easy, basic recipe. I used cheddar cheese."
"This is one of my family's favorites!"
"This definitely a keeper in my recipe box.DELICIOUS!!!!! I think you might nothave to cook the chicken as long as the recipe says. I think it depends on howthick the breasts are. This is so good!"
"Made with chicken cutlets instead, very tasty, will make it again!"
"This has become a family favorite. I've used many different substitutions of cream soups and cheeses, depending upon what I have on hand. If I'm in a hurry I omit browning the chicken first."