This main dish looks attractive and is easy to fix. The chicken stays moist, and the savory stuffing that bakes right with it is the perfect accompaniment.—Barbara Birk, St. George, Utah
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing mix
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Swiss cheese slices (2 ounces), halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; place over stuffing. Top with cheese. Drizzle with butter.
- Combine soup and water; spoon over stuffing. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cupid's Chicken 'n' Stuffing in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p22
Reviews for Cupid's Chicken 'n' Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review