Cupid's Breadsticks Recipe
Our Test Kitchen home economists encourage you to play with your food and shape refrigerated breadsticks into hearts and arrows! A sprinkling of seasonings provides the finishing touch.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Separate breadstick dough into six pieces. For each heart, unroll four pieces and twist if desired; seal perforations and pinch ends together. Shape into hearts on an ungreased baking sheet.
- For arrows, unroll remaining two pieces and separate into four breadsticks. With scissors, cut one end of each breadstick into a point. About 2 in. from the point, cut out a triangle from both sides of breadsticks (discard removed pieces). At the other end of the breadstick, make diagonal cuts on each side, creating feathers. Place on baking sheet with hearts.
- Combine butter and seasonings; brush over dough. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 hearts and 4 arrows.
Originally published as Cupid's Breadsticks in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p187
Reviews for Cupid's Breadsticks(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review