- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 18 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1-1/3 cups prepared vanilla frosting
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter into each paper-lined muffin cup. Place a peanut butter cup in each; fill two-thirds full with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting and peanut butter until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Sort By :
These were just okay. The problem I had is that the peanut butter cup stuck to the bottom of the cupcake paper liner and the whole cupcake was just impossible to eat as it crumbled apart because of the peanut butter cup in the middle. Maybe if you chopped the candy up it would work better. Anyway, I won't be making this again. Even the flavor was just okay.
My husband and I love these cupcakes. I am anxious to share them with my friends.
these cupcakes were awesome. julieharter, best review ever !!
Added this to my recipe box, looks easy and to be a hit. Thanks!
To the reviewer who gave these one star because they are unhealthy...they are CUPCAKES ya loon! If you want healthy, have a salad. If you want killer cupcakes, make these, they were awesome! Thanks for sharing.