Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
My family just loves these cupcakes, especially the subtle taste of peanut butter in the frosting. Chocolate frosting is equally delicious on top. —Alyce Wyman, Pembina, North Dakota
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 18 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1-1/3 cups prepared vanilla frosting
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spoon about 2
- tablespoons of batter into each paper-lined muffin cup. Place a
- peanut butter cup in each; fill two-thirds full with remaining
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a
- toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting and peanut butter until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.