Cupcake Cookie Pops Recipe
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Lollipop sticks or pretzel sticks
- Jolly Rancher hard candies, coarsely crushed
- ROYAL ICING:
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3-1/4 teaspoons meringue powder
- Dash cream of tartar
- Food coloring, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat cookie dough and flour until blended. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 in. thickness. Cut out with cookie cutters of your choice dipped in flour.
- 2. For lollipop cookies: Place lollipop sticks or pretzel sticks on foil-lined baking sheets. Top each with cutout dough; press down gently. Bake until lightly browned, 9-11 minutes. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For cutouts with candy centers: Place cutouts 1 in. apart on foil-lined baking sheets. Cut out center of each cookie. Bake 9-11 minutes. Add crushed candy to the centers; bake until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes longer. Cool completely before carefully removing to wire racks.
- 4. For frosted cookies: Transfer cutouts to foil-lined baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 9-11 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 5. Meanwhile, for royal icing, combine confectioners' sugar, water, meringue powder and cream of tartar; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat on high until stiff peaks form, 4-5 minutes. Tint with food coloring if desired. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag. Transfer icing to bag. Keep unused icing covered at all times with a damp cloth (if necessary, beat again on high speed to restore texture).
- 6. Outline each cookie with plain icing; let dry. Fill center of each cookie with tinted icing; spread with a toothpick. Let dry completely. Attach candies and decorations with additional icing. Yield: 2 dozen.
Editor’s Note: Meringue powder is available from Wilton Industries. Call 800-794-5866 or visit wilton.com.
Reviews for Cupcake Cookie Pops
"Actually, I think it looks like black icing."
"They look like red m&m's with black piping gel"
"King Arthur flour has little lady bugs and bumble bees in their baking catalogue.
"To cute!Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the little ladybug decorations to decorate the cupcakes?"
"What is in the flower pot to keep the flower cookie stems in place ?"