Cupcake Cookie Pops Recipe
Take sugar cookie dough to a whole new level. Using purchased refrigerated dough allows more time for the fun stuff — decorating! For accompanying recipes and decorating tips visit Spring Has Sprung. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour Bake: 15 min. + cooking YIELD:24 servings
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Lollipop sticks or pretzel sticks
- Jolly Rancher hard candies, coarsely crushed
- Royal Icing
- 1. In a bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until blended. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 in. thickness. Cut out with cookie cutters of your choice dipped in flour.
- 2. For lollipop cookies: Place lollipop sticks or pretzel sticks on foil-lined baking sheets. Top each with cutout dough; press down gently. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For cutouts with candy centers: Place cutouts 1 in. apart on foil-lined baking sheets. Cut out center of each cookie. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes. Add crushed candy to the centers; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool completely before carefully removing to wire racks.
- 4. For frosted cookies: Transfer cutouts to a foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 5. Fill pastry bags with Royal Icing tinted with colors of your choice. Outline each cookie with plain icing; let dry. Fill center of each cookie with tinted icing; spread with a toothpick. Let dry completely. Attach candies and decorations with additional Royal Icing. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC