Cupcake Cookie Pops
Take sugar cookie dough to a whole new level. Using purchased refrigerated dough allows more time for the fun stuff — decorating! For accompanying recipes and decorating tips visit Spring Has Sprung. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
24 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 15 min. + cooking
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Lollipop sticks or pretzel sticks
- Jolly Rancher hard candies, coarsely crushed
- Royal Icing
- In a bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until blended. On a lightly
- floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 in. thickness. Cut out with
- cookie cutters of your choice dipped in flour.
- For lollipop cookies: Place lollipop sticks or pretzel sticks on
- foil-lined baking sheets. Top each with cutout dough; press down
- gently. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Carefully remove to wire racks to cool.
- For cutouts with candy centers: Place cutouts 1 in. apart on
- foil-lined baking sheets. Cut out center of each cookie. Bake at
- 350° for 9-11 minutes. Add crushed candy to the centers; bake
- 3-5 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool completely before
- carefully removing to wire racks.
- For frosted cookies: Transfer cutouts to a foil-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- to wire racks to cool.
- Fill pastry bags with Royal Icing tinted with colors of your choice.