Take sugar cookie dough to a whole new level. Using purchased refrigerated dough allows more time for the fun stuff — decorating! For accompanying recipes and decorating tips visit Spring Has Sprung. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Lollipop sticks or pretzel sticks
- Jolly Rancher hard candies, coarsely crushed
- Royal Icing
- In a bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until blended. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 in. thickness. Cut out with cookie cutters of your choice dipped in flour.
- For lollipop cookies: Place lollipop sticks or pretzel sticks on foil-lined baking sheets. Top each with cutout dough; press down gently. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool.
- For cutouts with candy centers: Place cutouts 1 in. apart on foil-lined baking sheets. Cut out center of each cookie. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes. Add crushed candy to the centers; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool completely before carefully removing to wire racks.
- For frosted cookies: Transfer cutouts to a foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Fill pastry bags with Royal Icing tinted with colors of your choice. Outline each cookie with plain icing; let dry. Fill center of each cookie with tinted icing; spread with a toothpick. Let dry completely. Attach candies and decorations with additional Royal Icing. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cupcake Cookie Pops in Taste of Home's Cupcake of the Week Newsletter 2009, p3/23/09
Reviews for Cupcake Cookie Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review