- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Lollipop sticks or pretzel sticks
- Jolly Rancher hard candies, coarsely crushed
- Royal Icing
- In a bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until blended. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 in. thickness. Cut out with cookie cutters of your choice dipped in flour.
- For lollipop cookies: Place lollipop sticks or pretzel sticks on foil-lined baking sheets. Top each with cutout dough; press down gently. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool.
- For cutouts with candy centers: Place cutouts 1 in. apart on foil-lined baking sheets. Cut out center of each cookie. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes. Add crushed candy to the centers; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool completely before carefully removing to wire racks.
- For frosted cookies: Transfer cutouts to a foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Fill pastry bags with Royal Icing tinted with colors of your choice. Outline each cookie with plain icing; let dry. Fill center of each cookie with tinted icing; spread with a toothpick. Let dry completely. Attach candies and decorations with additional Royal Icing. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cupcake Cookie Pops
"Actually, I think it looks like black icing."
"They look like red m&m's with black piping gel"
"King Arthur flour has little lady bugs and bumble bees in their baking catalogue.
"To cute!Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the little ladybug decorations to decorate the cupcakes?"
"What is in the flower pot to keep the flower cookie stems in place ?"