"These no-mess brownies travel well," says Nila Towler of Baird, Texas. "The pecans make them extra special."
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool
- for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until blended. Beat in vanilla
- and chocolate mixture; gradually stir in flour and nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 283 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.