Cumin Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute the rice, onion and red pepper in oil for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the broth, cumin and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 235 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cumin Rice Pilaf
"Great side dish and very easy to make. Compliments a lot of different meals. This one is a keeper."