“Rice doesn’t have to be a boring side dish,” declares Aurora, Colorado’s Janice Mitchell. “Beef consomme and a dash of hot sauce really warm up this recipe for a moist, savory pilaf. It goes well with pork, beef or chicken.”
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a small saucepan, saute the rice, onion and red pepper in oil for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the broth, cumin and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cumin Rice Pilaf in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p25
Reviews for Cumin Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review