This is a wonderful steak to share with friends and family. They’ll rave about the sizzling grilled flank steak served with flavorful jalapeno and tomato salsa and couscous. —Yvonne Starlin, Hermitage, Tennessee
- 2 small sweet red peppers, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lime juice
- Hot cooked couscous
- Lime wedges
- Preheat broiler. Place the first five ingredients in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to char, turning once.
- Meanwhile, mix salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and the remaining oil; rub over both sides of steak. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes.
- For salsa, chop broiled onion and jalapenos; place in a small bowl. Stir in tomatoes and lime juice. Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with salsa, broiled peppers, couscous and lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cumin-Chili Spiced Flank Steak in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Cumin-Chili Spiced Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review