Cumin Chicken With Apples Recipe
- 4 chicken legs with thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 small onions, halved and sliced
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In the drippings, saute apples, onions and mushrooms until apples are crisp-tender. Stir in the flour, soup, water, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 180° Sprinkle with chili powder. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 464 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 1263mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein .
Reviews for Cumin Chicken With Apples
"Heavenly... surprisingly so!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.