Cumin Rice with Avocado Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, butter, bouillon and cumin; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Stir in picante sauce; heat through. Stir in avocado and green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 191 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cumin Rice with Avocado
"Love this rice. It is my new favorite! And simple to throw together without very little prep. Served with chicken enchiladas."
"Excellent way to give variety to your rice. Great for stuffing peppers or burritos (add beans)."
"This is very tasty. Not being an avocado eater, I must say I only made it to use up an avocado I needed to get rid of. I would make it again, but I still can't say I love the avocado. This recipe would be just fine without it also. Next time I may use green pepper and tomato instead but I won't write off the avocado!"
"I'm looking forward to trying this recipe! Thanks!"
"This is such a great recipe. My boyfriend's mother even loved it!"